jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem with imported multiple value properties
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 20:35:31 GMT
Hi,

On 8/17/06, Doug Douglass <douglass.doug@gmail.com> wrote:
> While it's easy enough to get around this issue for now, is there a specific
> reason for the difference between system and document view roundtrip
> support?

It is impossible in the general case to detect whether a given XML
attribute in document view should map to a single- or multivalued
property. For example, if <foo bar="a b"/> maps to an nt:unstructured
node "foo", should the "bar" property have a single value "a b" or a
multiple values "a" and "b"?

However, in many practical cases it will be possible to heuristically
infer the correct interpretation or even a reasonable default, for
example if "foo" maps to a custom node type that specifies "bar" as a
single-valued string property. There's an ongoing effort to implement
this (JCR-325), but the implementation is non-trivial and I haven't
lately had too much time to focus on that.

BR,

Jukka Zitting