jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with re-index a huge repository
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 21:32:07 GMT
Hi,

On 8/9/06, KÖLL Claus <C.KOELL@tirol.gv.at> wrote:
> i made some performance tests with a repository that has about 2 Million
> differend files (doc,xls, txt and ppt) i am very satisfied with the performace ...

Thanks, that's nice to hear! I'd be very interested to see any
performance numbers you can share.

> i run always in a outofmemory exception while index creation at startup from
> the repository
> [...]
>    <param name="minMergeDocs" value="1000" />
>    <param name="mergeFactor" value="1000" />
>    <param name="cacheSize" value="1000"/>

I'm not too familiar with Lucene optimization, but your settings seem
to be balanced for heavy memory usage. Try dropping these values and
see if it helps. If not, please file a Jira issue about your problem.

BR,

Jukka Zitting