jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemory - adding lots of nodes in one session
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:50:44 GMT
#: Nicolas changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 9/1/2006 1:10 AM) :#
> 2 more ideas:
>
> 1/ Did you try using a memory profiler so we can know what is wrong?
>
> 2/ What happens if you logout after say 100 updates?
>

> a+
> Nico
> my blog! http://www.deviant-abstraction.net !!

I may be wrong, but even if you save after each node creation, the new nodes will be kept
in memory
as a cache. However, I would expect it too last more than 100 nodes. Even if you use a RDBMS
as
persistence solution, please be aware that you are serializing an object and so you can still
hit
size problems. Sometime in the past I (with the help of Stefan) have computed a rough number
of flat
nodes that would be the max for the default persistence configuration.

Can you increase the JVM size and see if there is a change in this number?

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.