jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: source for XPath extensions?
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:34:16 GMT
Doug Douglass wrote:
> My question stems from the recent threads discussing difficulities
> translating DASL basicsearch into XPath. How feasible would a "jcr:depth"
> extension be?

I'm not sure what the exact requirements are to support a DAV:depth.
The rfc says:

"When the scope is a collection, if DAV:depth is "0", the search
includes only the collection. When it is "1", the search includes the
(toplevel) members of the collection. When it is "infinity", the
search includes all recursive members of the collection."

If we have to support only the three values "0", "1" and "infinity"
I'd say we simply use the queries:

/foo
/foo/*
/foo//*

for a query with scope /foo and the respective depths "0", "1" and
"infinity".

Though I'm not sure if a depth value of "1" must also include a match
on /foo.

regards
  marcel