jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: What is the better approach for publishing contents?
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 07:08:36 GMT
Hi Dan,

dan wrote:
> Another question is, if I use RDBMS (db2, e.g.) for PersistenceManager and
> FileSystemManager, would the Lucene indexes (workspace and versionstorage)
> be located on the file system? Or within the database?

the index will be located on the file system. in an earlier version of
jackrabbit the implementation was using the FileSystem abstraction
which would have made it possible to store the index in a data base.
but it turned out that missing support for random access on the index
files kills query performance.

regards
  marcel