jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Any commercial real world implementations out there
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:13:08 GMT
David Nuescheler schrieb:
> Hi Darren,
>
> thanks for the details.
>
> As far as I understand you can find DASL support for
> XPath and SQL in the JCR Server (not the simple server)
> and it would be a matter of using the respective libs in
> the simple server and provide for example a "basicsearch to jcr xpath"
> conversion. Is that correct?
>
> Shouldn't be too hard, should it?
> If this is stalling your development maybe this could be
> a good contribution ;)? Anyone interested ??

I've been looking at translating from Jackrabbit's internal query model
to DASL/basicsearch, and this is non-trivial, and definitively will not
be fully compliant.

When I'm done, I may be available to provide a summary. One major
problem I already encountered is that DASL basicsearch basically uses
scopes (with depth 0, 1, infinity) and conditions on query expressions.
  Thus, a query such as

	/*/foo

already can't be translated, because I can't tell DASL to restict the
path to resources whose last path segment is "foo". Another problem with
the basicsearch scopes is that a search at depth 1 includes things at
depth 0, thus query results will need to be filtered.

Best regards, Julian