jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: What is the better approach for publishing contents?
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:24:51 GMT
Hi Dan,

The first approach is in my opinion the one to prefer. There are a
couple of reasons why:

- the hierarchy of the version storage is different from the
workspace. Searching for nodes that are under a specific path is quite
complicated just using the version storage.

- each query will have to include a 'live' tag clause to filter out
matches that are not of interest.

- some repository implementations might not support searches on the
version storage

- searching just the workspace will probably be less expensive because
it contains less content.

- There is an easy way to keep the 'live' workspace up-to-date:
register an event listener on the version storage and update whenever
a live tag is created, moved or deleted.

regards
  marcel