jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject importing / restoring repository content
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 09:35:17 GMT
What's the best way to restore content from an export file?

I've tried importing content with path /jcr:root as parent, with
ImportUUIDBehavior.IMPORT_UUID_COLLISION_THROW, with a file containing
exported content from the root of a different repository.

This fails with

javax.servlet.ServletException: /jcr:root/jcr:system/jcr:nodeTypes:
cannot add a child to a protected node

which I believe is technically correct. My aim was to get the option of
repository movability, which would imply that node types would
automatically be transported over by the export file. Do I have to do
this manually, exporting only explicitly made children of /jcr:root,
avoiding jcr:system?

--
-Torgeir