jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject pdfbox jar size
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 17:04:56 GMT
I've added a PDF file to my repository, getting a class not found
exception, since I didn't have the pdfbox library in my classpath. When
I remove the pdf text filter class from the repository config and
restart the application, I'm still getting class not found exceptions:

18:00:50,197 ERROR [/main]  - Exception sending context initialized
event to listener instance of class com.netenviron.content.SessionManager
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/pdfbox/pdfparser/PDFParser
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.PdfTextFilter$1.initializeReader(PdfTextFilter.java:73)

Questions: must the repository be reinitialized from scratch, or should
it be possible to reconfigure which textfilters are available?

Isn't there any other option than the pdfbox library for use with the
pdf text filter? It's jar file is almost 4MB in size.

--
-Torgeir