jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Doug Douglass" <douglass.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about versioning
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 03:30:07 GMT
I can't answer all of your questions, and I'm looking for a some decent docs
in this area that bridge the gap between the Jackrabbit CND docs and the
specification, but in regards to whether the new version of NodeA will have
child nodes NodeB and NodeC, this depends on how the child nodes are
declared in the NodeTypeDefinition for NodeA.

There are 6 "on-parent-version" attributes for both child nodes and
properties that control the behavior when a new version of the parent node
is created:

  1. COPY
  6. ABORT

I have yet to find a good source of docs for the meaning of each of the
above, but I'm pretty confident that if you wanted the new version of NodeA
to have the same NodeB as the prior version of NodeA, then the declaration
of NodeB in the NodeTypeDefinition for NodeA should contain COPY.

HTH and if I'm wrong or anyone has pointers to good docs PLEASE enlighten