jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Doug Douglass" <douglass.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Browser Based WYSIWYG Editors and Jackrabbit
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:30:44 GMT
As a different option, on a project a few years back we built a web-based
XML editor using chiba[1] to transform XML documents stored in a CMS
(Documentum) to XHTML forms via XForms. Since chiba does the transformation
server-side, performance was pretty good, completely cross-browser, and we
could add/change forms without having to redeploy the app as the XForm
templates were in the CMS too.

Note, the XML documents were a handful of very specific document types that
translated well to strongly-typed form input fields -- only a few places was
a user actually allowed to enter free-form text -- and the end users were
not "sophisticated" enough to be exposed directly to the XML, so a "general"
editor was not our first choice.

Whether any of the above is applicable to you depends on your use case.

HTH,
Doug

[1] http://chiba.sourceforge.net/