jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Milan Trajkovic" <mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JackRabbit - Tomcat two problems
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:44:27 GMT
Yes, that is the line  (I have checked  with 1.0.1 code base).

log instance is null and cause NPE.

I have deployed Jackrabbit in model 1 deployment (all jars within WEB-INF/lib).
It is accessed through JNDI (Repository reference is held in singleton).
When Tomcat is shut down Jackrabbit sequence is started, but obviously
shutdown is called (as result of shutdown hook of JVM), after
nullifying log instances . In Tomcat 5.5.17 patch that was mentioned
(regarding slf4j) is applied (I have checked src), but it does not
address this issue :(.

I have also tried to replace log calls within RepositoryImpl, and
related classes with
System.out.println(). After few replacements, that worked well at this place

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.IndexMerger.dispose(IndexMerger.java:206)

ClassNotFoundException occurs
for
org/apache/commons/collections/buffer/UnboundedFifoBuffer$1
(commons-collections is present at WEB-INF/lib).

So, it is probably another class load issue, that is not manifested
earlier, since execution never reached that point (due to NPE).

Regards,
Milan

2006/7/21, Jukka Zitting :