jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Milan Trajkovic" <mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JackRabbit - Tomcat two problems
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:34:59 GMT
Hello again.

Here is a stack trace of Tomcat instance (configuration: Tc5.5.15,
Java 1.5, jr 1.0.1
deployed in deployment model 1), when server is shutdown.

Exception in thread "Thread-38" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.shutdown(RepositoryImpl.java:839)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository.shutdown(BindableRepository.java:261)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository$1.run(BindableRepository.java:139)

I have created simple servlet, that put some content and fetch it from
repository,
and it works ok, shutdown is clean. However, in real application above
mentioned exception occurs.

I have attached source to slf4j and tried to debug. It seems that all
loggers are released,
before actual shutdown method is called (and executed), so log instance is null.
Is there some mechanism, or configuration so I can prevent this, since
repository cannot be cleanly
brought down (.lock file remains).

Also, I would like to know, can I safely hold global reference to the
repository in Singleton class
and use repository related methods from that class (all methods have login and
log out methods for session)?

Regards,
Milan

2006/7/13, Milan Trajkovic: