jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Increase in save time
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 08:31:08 GMT
On 7/25/06, sowmi <sowmit@telenav.com> wrote:

> I am trying to load items in batches of 10000 to my repository. While the
> first loads are quick enough, the save time seems to be increasing with each
> subsequent batch. These are the times in seconds for each 10000 items:
>
> 42,121,186,267,309,343,372,412,451,498,524,540
>
> Any idea why this happens? Is the save time dependent on the number of items
> in repository? I am using the same session object for each of the batch
> saves. Will it make a difference if I recycle the session? Please help.

run the test with jackrabbit's default configuration (i.e.
DerbyPersistenceManager)
and compare the results. since you're using a custom persistence
manager / schema
i suspect this to be the reason for the decreasing performance you experience.

jackrabbit's scalability is mainly affected by the choice of
persistence manager/schema.
DerbyPersistenceManager should scale reasonably well.

however, if your nodes have 'large' numbers of child nodes (e.g. >
30k) performance will
be negatively affected.

cheers
stefan