jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Merge the nodes
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:36:27 GMT
merge is only used for updating/merging corresponding node in
different workspaces that have different base versions. you can't use
it to update transient nodes.

regards, toby

On 7/28/06, Ramesh Devaraj <r.devaraj@maas.de> wrote:
> Hi
>

> I am not able to merge the nodes.
>

> Unable to perform operation. Session has pending changes.
>
>       at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.checkSessionHasPending(NodeImpl.java:3134)
>

> private static void testMultiSession() throws Exception
>
>             {
>
>                         SimpleCredentials creds = new SimpleCredentials("username",
>
>                                                "password".toCharArray());
>
>                         Session session = repository.login(creds);
>

>                         SimpleCredentials creds1 = new SimpleCredentials("username",
>
>                                                "password".toCharArray());
>
>                         Session session1 = repository.login(creds1);
>
>                         String xpath = "customerList/customer/userList/user";
>
>                         Node nodeToModify = getNodeToModify(xpath, session);
>

>                         Node nodeToModify1 = getNodeToModify(xpath, session1);
>

>                         nodeToModify.setProperty("data", "modify by session");
>

>                         nodeToModify1.setProperty("data", "modify by session1");
>

>                         nodeToModify.save();
>
>                         //export(session);
>
>                         try
>
>                         {
>
>                                    nodeToModify1.save();
>

>                         } catch (javax.jcr.InvalidItemStateException ex)
>
>                         {
>

>                                    //NOW I TRY MERGE THE NODES nodeToModify and nodeToModify1
>

>                                    nodeToModify1.merge("default", true);
>
>                                    //nodeToModify1.save();
>

>                         }
>
>                         session.logout();
>
>                         session1.logout();
>

>             }
>

> http://www.maas.de <http://www.maas.de>  - Wir integrieren Zukunft
>

> Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn
Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren

> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
> error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97