jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Question on Arbitrary Node Association
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 20:11:24 GMT
there are 2 referencing techniques specified / available in jsr170:
- reference properties
- path properties

reference properties only work for referenceable nodes, but enforce
referential integrity, where as path properties have no further
semantics than storing a path.

regards, toby

On 7/5/06, Sharmarke Aden <aden.list@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm not intimately familiar with jackrabbot and I have a question
> regarding node association. I'm trying to create a plug-in driven
> architecture where concretely defined nodes can have external nodes
> (nodes on entirely different path within the repository) associated
> with them. Does jackrabbit support the association of arbitrary nodes
> with each other? By that I mean, nodes that don't have parent-child or
> sibling relationships.

> S. Aden
> moc.liamg[at]tsil.neda - revrs it

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97