jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "R. Ben Truitt" <btru...@rackspace.com>
Subject versioning / reference question
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:30:08 GMT
Hi -
   I am fairly new to JCR, and am trying to figure out how to do the
below scenario:

   I've created two node types, myns:typeA and myns:typeB.
myns:typeA has as a supertype mix:versionable.  myns:typeB has as a
property:
- myns:typeA_reference (reference) primary < 'myns:typeA'

  So far so good. I can get create NodeA of type myns:typeA and NodeB
of myns:typeB, and have NodeB hold a reference to NodeA.  Sweet.

  But what I'd *like* to be able to do, is to have NodeB hold a
reference to any version (past or present) of NodeA.  I tried
modifying my definition for myns:typeB to this:
- myns:typeA_reference (reference) primary <
'myns:typeA','nt:frozenNode'

  But, when I try to add set the reference property
"myns:typeA_reference" to refer to a previous version of NodeA, I get
this exception:
javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: [node path here]:
does not satisfy the value constraint myns:typeA

  So my questions are:
1) Since the JCR spec says that constraints are or'd together, it
seems like I shouldn't get this exception. What am I missing here?
2) I'm not very sure I am thinking about this in the right way.  Is
there a better way to refer to an arbitrary version of NodeA from NodeB?

Thanks for your help!!
-Ben