jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From James_1 <ponfa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Newbie questions
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:32:53 GMT

Jukka Zitting-3 wrote:

> The versioning store in Jackrabbit is kind of a system workspace whose
> contents are shared by all normal workspaces and which can only be
> seen indirectly as the virtual /jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage subtree
> of each workspace. Just like normal workspaces allow a FileSystem to
> be configured for determining where their data is persisted, so does
> the versioning store.
>
> The configured FileSystem instance is passed to the configured
> PersistenceManager with the idea that it should be used to actually
> store the persistence files. In effect a PersistenceManager decides
> how and a FileSystem where the content is persisted. Of course some
> PersistenceManagers (like the database ones) skip the configured
> FileSystem and use some other mechanism for storing and retrieving the
> information.

Thanks for the response.  I guess I'm still not understanding where
versioning data is actually persisted.  The PersistenceManager persists the
versioned NodeStates, but where is the version info persisted?  I don't see
any kind of version data structure in the NodeState that would get persisted
(e.g. NodeState.getVersion()).  Or is that info embedded in the id of the
node, using some kind of naming scheme?
Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users forum at Nabble.com.