jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From James_1 <ponfa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Newbie questions
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2006 06:50:16 GMT

Okay, here are more newbie questions:

1) Why does Versioning require both a FileSystem and PersistenceManager
configured?  I think I understand what the PersistenceManager is for, but
what about the FileSystem?  What kind of imformation is stored there?  Is it
purely version data?  Is it orthogonal to the node data?  Can someone post
an example of the kind of data that's stored in the FileSystem?

2) How does NodeType Administration work?  Are node types stored only in the
file system?  Adding/modifying nodetypes thus requires file i/o?

Thanks!

Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users forum at Nabble.com.