jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From James_1 <ponfa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Orderable Child Nodes
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:57:54 GMT

Hi,

I'm new to Jackrabbit, so this question might be a total newbie question,
but here goes.

How are orderable child nodes implemented?  Is this something that
Jackrabbit handles automatically - through maybe the Lucene index?  Or is
this something that your PersistenceManager needs to understand and know how
to persist?

For example, if I wanted to implement my own PersistenceManager which writes
to a database schema, does my schema need persist some kind of ordering
indexing for child nodes?  e.g. a NODE table which contains a CHILD_NODES
column whose value is an ordered list of the nodes' child IDs?  Or
alternatively, a more normalized approach, a CHILD_NODE table which contains
an INDEX and has a many-to-one relationship with NODE?

Definitely would appreciate any feedback.  Thanks!
Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users forum at Nabble.com.