jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie Question
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:41:30 GMT
Hi,

On 7/28/06, sudhi <sudheendra.hebbagilu@marsh.com> wrote:
> I am sorry to ask a question like this. I am trying to find out a soluton to
> reuse existing content repository. Current implementation is Database for
> metadata, and actual content is stored in file system.
>
> Content Retrival rule: look at the database and find what file to retrieve.
>
> Can this type of multiple datasource can be configured with Jackrabbit ?

You should really consider the option of placing both the file
contents *and* the related metadata within a Jackrabbit repository.
This ability to to store data and the related metadata in the same
place using the flexible content model is one of the main strenghts of
the JCR standard.

BR,

Jukka Zitting