jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JackRabbit - Tomcat two problems
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 17:01:06 GMT
Hi,

On 7/21/06, Milan Trajkovic <milant@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have deployed Jackrabbit in model 1 deployment (all jars within WEB-INF/lib).
> It is accessed through JNDI (Repository reference is held in singleton).
> When Tomcat is shut down Jackrabbit sequence is started, but obviously
> shutdown is called (as result of shutdown hook of JVM), after
> nullifying log instances . In Tomcat 5.5.17 patch that was mentioned
> (regarding slf4j) is applied (I have checked src), but it does not
> address this issue :(.

Ah, that explains the issue. The default JVM shutdown hook in
RepositoryImpl is way too late for shutting down the repository within
a web application. You need to explicitly call
RepositoryImpl.shutdown() in a Servelt.destroy() or a similar context.
Normally this is best handled by the same servlet that instantiates
the repository in the first place.

It seems that this information is not included in the model 1 howto on
the web site. Sorry for that, I'll go on and fix the site.

BR,

Jukka Zitting