jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JackRabbit - Tomcat two problems
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:24:43 GMT
Hi,

On 7/21/06, Milan Trajkovic <milant@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you point me to the exact version of java file RepositryImpl,
> that is used for 1.0.1 version of core. 839 line in version that I
> have is not exactly log.info...statement,
> but somewhere outside shutdown method. However, stacktrace shows that
> exception is in shutdown, and debugger shows that log variable is
> null. It is first statement where NPE could be thrown.

The line you're looking for is:

        log.info("Shutting down repository...");

It seems that Tomcat has already cleared the "private static Logger
log" variable when the shutdown() method gets called. This certainly
should not happen. Either Tomcat moves too fast or for some reason the
shutdown() method gets called too late.

BR,

Jukka Zitting