jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: event listener not getting any events..
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 09:02:02 GMT
Hi,

On 7/18/06, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com> wrote:
> So the code is right and the javadoc is wrong then? I find it a bit odd
> to specify the parent node for nodetypes I want to register events for,
> it makes it almost impossible to do what I want to do without
> registering my eventhandler for _all_ nodetypes.

I'm really not sure what would be the correct interpretation in this
case. The specification document quoted by Marcel is the normative
reference, but I agree that the specified behaviour is a bit odd. It
would have been my intuition as well that if I specify a listener for
"nt:file" events, I'd be receiving events on "nt:file" nodes, not on
"nt:resource" or whatever.

Marcel, what's the rationale behind the spec?

BR,

Jukka Zitting