jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: event listener not getting any events..
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:45:31 GMT
Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>> I create the test2 node of type nen:resource, mixin nen:protected, and
>> attach a number of child nodes of type nen:ace to it. It's all done in
>> one session which I logout of immediately after the save.
>
> you should actually see more than just one property added event. from
> what I can tell there should be:
> - 'property added' for jcr:primaryType on new node 'test2'
> - 'property added' for jcr:mixinTypes on new node 'test2'
> - 'property added' for jcr:primaryType for each nen:ace you add
>
> are you able to reproduce this behaviour using predefined node types,
> e.g. using nt:unstructured? If yes can you please put together a small
> test case and create a jira issue? Thanks

I guess I will do that. I haven't put together a test case yet, but it
seems the event path is wrong. When I add my listener like this:

systemSession.getWorkspace().getObservationManager().addEventListener(new
ProtectedNodeListener(systemSession),
   (Event.NODE_ADDED | Event.NODE_REMOVED),
   "/", true,
   null,
   new String [] { "nt:folder", "nt:file" },
   true);

Then on creating an nt:folder with path /test3/blabla, the event reports
a NODE_ADDED with path /test3/blabla/nen:ace (which is a subnode added
in the same session.save() and not an nt:folder node).

--
-Torgeir