jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: how to verify that text is being indexed?
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 10:53:38 GMT
Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>> Inspection using Luke sounds like a good option. However, it turned
>> out to be a spelling error being introduced in the text filter classes
>> "MsreplaceTextFilter", so an exception was being thrown that disabled
>> text indexing..
>
> hmm, do you mean text filtering was disabled completely? This is not the
> intended behaviour. Jackrabbit should only issue a warning message for
> the misspelled text filter and proceed initializing the next one. Can
> you confirm that none of the text filters were initialized?

Here's the exception:

00:05:04,028 WARN  SearchIndex  - Invalid TextFilter class:
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.MsreplaceTextFilter
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.MsreplaceTextFilter
         at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1352)
         at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1198)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex.setTextFilterClasses(SearchIndex.java:739)
         at
         at
         at org.apache.commons.collections.BeanMap.put(BeanMap.java:367)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.BeanConfig.newInstance(BeanConfig.java:96)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.initializeQueryHandler(SearchManager.java:525)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.<init>(SearchManager.java:273)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.getSearchManager(RepositoryImpl.java:1434)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initWorkspace(RepositoryImpl.java:540)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:245)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:484)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository$2.getRepository(TransientRepository.java:241)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.startRepository(TransientRepository.java:261)

It might very well be that my understanding of how the text indexing
works was flawed and that I just searched the wrong way.

--
-Torgeir