jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: how to verify that text is being indexed?
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 10:03:26 GMT
Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> I have trouble doing some queries, eg
>
> /jcr:root//element(*,nt:resource)[jcr:contains(.,'t')]

are you sure the xml file contains the word 't'? the jcr:contains
function will not find words that just contain the letter 't'.

> where the result come up empty. The text has content type text/xml. How
> can I verify that those nodes i save indeed are being indexed?

Unfortunately there is not much logging that you can turn on. This
leaves you with two options:
- debug jackrabbit (method: NodeIndexer.addBinaryValue())
- inspect the lucene index (e.g. using Luke:
http://www.getopt.org/luke/luke.jnlp)

regards
  marcel