jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Eric Peukert <eric.peuk...@mail.inf.tu-dresden.de>
Subject Re: WebDav Client Example
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:29:52 GMT

The WebDav Servlet puts a Repository Object in the JNDI-Context.
(Parameters specified in the web.xml)

You can retrieve it from the JNDI-Context and then do what you like
to do on the Repository.
One idea is taking a look into the sources of the webdav-servlet.

RepositoryAccessServlet:
    /**
      * tries to retrieve the repository using RMI
      */
     private static Repository getRepositoryByJNDI(ServletContext ctx) {
         // acquire via JNDI
         String repositoryName = (String) ctx.getAttribute
(CTX_ATTR_REPOSITORY_NAME);
         InitialContext jndiContext = (InitialContext)
ctx.getAttribute(CTX_ATTR_REPOSITORY_JNDI_CONTEXT);
         if (jndiContext == null) {
             return null;
         }
         try {
             Repository r = (Repository) jndiContext.lookup
(repositoryName);
             log.info("Acquired repository via JNDI.");
             return r;
         } catch (NamingException e) {
             log.error("Error while retrieving repository using JNDI
(name=" + repositoryName + "): " + e);
             return null;
         }
     }

Example Code for Repository Access can be found in the wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ExamplesPage

hope this helps,

Eric