jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jerry Lacy" <jl...@ssglimited.com>
Subject Obtaining Item or Session within AccessManager
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:32:31 GMT
Hello,

Is there any way to gain access to an Item given the ItemId from within the
AccessManager checkPermission() or isGranted() methods?  Our current design
calls for us to carry access control information as Properties of individual
Items.  Unless I am missing something, I don't see any way to get to an Item
using the AMContext (FileSystem or HeirarchyManager) or any way to get the
current Session.

This makes me wonder if the approach of using Item Properties somehow
flawed.  Is there a better approach?

Thanks in advance,

Jerry Lacy