jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie Question: Oracle Support
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:22:29 GMT
Hi David,

> This is when I discovered Apache Jackrabbit. If we used a Jackrabbit
> repository to back
> the Resource Bundle then if would make the search functionality a whole lot
> easier.
This makes perfect sense to me.
As a matter of fact we have built a ResourceBundle implementation
over a content repository in the past which turned out to be both very
simple and extremely effective.
Could maybe be a contribution to the Jackrabbit community, what
do you think?

> I have looked at a number of simple implementations and jackrabbit looks
> like a good fit:
>         Is this a valid use of the Jackrabbit Content Repository ?
Very much so ;)

>         Should I back my repository with a Database?
Depends a bit on "the design" of the content, the quantity of the content
that you intend to store and primarily on the resources (eg. pre-installed
and supported rdbms readily availa) at your disposal.
Personally, I would use the embedded Derby persistence for
the sake of ease of deployment.

regards,
david