jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From David.Winterbot...@ubs.com
Subject Newbie Question: Oracle Support
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:27:56 GMT
Hi,

I have just started to look at jackrabbit so please don't take offence.

I have a task to create a new web site. The new site will be fairly
static,
but we want to update and add content without performing a release
process.
There will also be a search facility and possibly a forum of some sort.
We started looking at an in-house CMS but this had too many restrictions
on the structure of our site.

So we have decided to go back to a standard Web MVC. To fill the
requirement
of i18n we decided all content had come from a Resource Bundle with
contents
read from a database table (or a number of tables - *Backed by a cache
of course*)

This is when I discovered Apache Jackrabbit. If we used a Jackrabbit
repository to back
the Resource Bundle then if would make the search functionality a whole
lot easier.

I have looked at a number of simple implementations and jackrabbit looks
like a good fit:

My questions are:
	Is this a valid use of the Jackrabbit Content Repository ?

	Should I back my repository with a Database?

	I have had some problems moving the simple examples to Oracle.
Is Oracle a supported
	database? I changed the ddl but even with the tables created I
received constraint errors
	on the indexes?

I would appreciate any assistance that someone could provide.

Cheers

David Winterbottom
David.Winterbottom@ubs.com