jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie Question - Performance
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 07:26:54 GMT
On 6/28/06, Ramachandra Sankuratri <ramachandra.sankuratri@plateau.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  If it has to support *read and write access* for multiple users, does
> this mean that a new session has to be created for each user?

yes, unless you synchronize the access to the shared Session
and all dependant objects (Workspace, Node, Property etc.).

note that this is not a jackrabbit-specific limitation;
see "7.5 Thread-Safety Requirements" of the jsr 170 spec:

<quote>
As a consequence, an application which concurrently or sequentially
operates against objects having affinity to a particular Session
through more than one thread must provide synchronization sufficient
to ensure no more than one thread concurrently operates against that
Session and changes made by one thread are visible to other threads.
</quote>

cheers
stefan