jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implemention question on own hierarchy
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:35:57 GMT
hi frank,

On 6/27/06, Frank Taffelt <frank.taffelt@interface-business.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have a framework which represents hierachies of objects. Now i want to
> connect our framework with the jcr world, especially jackrabbit. In a first
> step we want to represent the object hierarchy as a read-only level 1
> repository and map them over the webdavservlet to users.
> I looked into the documentation and i'm not sure where to start. Do i have
> to write an own Filesystem or PersistenceManeger which connects to our
> framework, or ist there an other way for doing this?

jackrabbit is not designed to expose the JCR api on top of a legacy system.
the PersistenceManager interface was never intended being an SPI that you
could use to integrate your existing data stored in proprietary
formats/structures
(e.g. a customers database).

it might be feasible though to write a custom persistence manager to represent
existing legacy data in a level-1 (read-only) repository. i don't
think the same is
possible for a level-2 repository and i certainly don't recommend it.

the proper way of solving your issue would be to store your object hierarchy
in a JCR server (such as jackrabbit).

cheers
stefan