jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: node type definitions and mixin overrides
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 08:04:25 GMT
On 6/15/06, Doug Douglass <douglass.doug@gmail.com> wrote:
> More of a JCR question than Jackrabbit: Can a mixin add the mandatory
> attribute to a property defined in the primary node type?

the semantics of node type inheritance are not clearly specified by jsr-170,
i.e. there's no concept of overriding definitions in the spec.

this has been discussed in the jsr-283 expert group. the semantics will be
clarified in a maintenance relsease of the spec.

jackrabbit currently doesn't support overriding of child node/property
definitions.

cheers
stefan