jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Perez" <mper...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A newbie Oracle config question
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:41:01 GMT
Hello.

First of all, thanks for using my creature :)

On 6/29/06, Hinman, Robert A. <ROBERT.A.HINMAN@saic.com > wrote:

> Hi there,
> I'm using jLibrary to implement jackrabbit and I'm trying to configure it
> work with Oracle, using the newly added OraclePersistenceManager.  I have
> read in other postings that people were able to set up the 'correct'
> configuration, even before these new classes were added.  I have been
> struggling with the repository.xml for a while
> - I was wondering if anyone could post an example repository.xmlconfigured
> for the oracle persistence Manager.

I have never tried it, but probably here someone has tested it. We were able
to work with jLibrary and Oracle but I think (it was tested by another
developer) that it was using the SimpleDBPersistenceManager.

I also have some even more newbie questions about the repository.xml:

> 1)What is the benefit of using the DbFileSystem (or OracleFileSystem)
> instead of the localFileSystem class?  What are the parameters needed for
> this to function correctly with Oracle?(Specifically, what is the path in
> that case?)

Probably you will get better performance with a DB based filesystem, but
it's better that some Jackrabbit expert answer this ;)

2)What is the difference between the FileSystem tag outside the workspace
> tag and the one inside workspace?  Can they be different types (db and
> file
> system)?

In Jackrabbit hat FileSystem entry is used to specify where are stored the
version contents. So, it defines the version storage.

3) Where are we supposed to configure the ${rep.home}, ${wsp.name} and
> ${wsp.home}  variables?  How are they configured?  For whatever reason the
> jackrabbit/repository is created in my jboss/bin directory (the working
> directory).

You can configure the rep.home variable changing the repository-home
parameter that is defined on the WEB-INF/web.xml file. For example:

        <init-param>
            <param-name>repository-home</param-name>
            <param-value>/temp/MyRepositories</param-value>
            <!--the repository home-->
        </init-param>

Cheers.

Martin