jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ramachandra Sankuratri" <ramachandra.sankura...@plateau.com>
Subject RE: Newbie Question - Performance
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:26:24 GMT
Hi

 If it has to support *read and write access* for multiple users, does
this mean that a new session has to be created for each user?

Thanks
Chandu

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:57 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Newbie Question - Performance

On 6/28/06, Vijay Pandey <vijay.k.pandey@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> I am planning to use Jackrabbit and for a great # of users we only
need to
> provide read only access and i was reading on the wiki section abvout
> performance, it says that
>  it's a good practice to share a single anonymous session for read
only
> access if possible, it would reduce the time that write actions will
take.

> Does it mean to say that 'session' is thread safe at method level for
read
> only operations , or do we have to synchronize the call on session? or
do
> you think should we have a pool of read only sessions ?

you can assume that Session (at least the jackrabbit implementation)
is thread-safe if it is used for *reading only*.

cheers
stefan

> Thanks
>  Vijay

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal
and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message is privileged
and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.