jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit 1.0 maven 2 artifacts
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 16:04:51 GMT
Hi,

On 6/9/06, Doug Douglass <douglass.doug@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-456

Thanks, I'll get back to it in a few hours.

> Is this at all related http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-332? Or is
> that issue only related to using maven 2 for building jackrabbit?

It's related to migrating to Maven 2 at some point of time. The
current maven 2 poms were autogenerated just for the release
artifacts.

> If needed, I should also be able to lend some time to upgrading the
> jackrabbit build from maven 1 to 2. Our team commonly sets up maven 2 builds
> for the OSS projects we use in our software so we can quickly and
> controllably upgrade, so we'll probably be doing this anyway.

Thanks. The main problem we face at the moment is that the maven.xml
in the Jackrabbit core project is quite complex and at least the last
time I looked the Maven 2 javacc plugin didn't yet support all the
things we do. In any case I hope that we will be able to fully migrate
to Maven 2 latest by the end of this year. Any help is much
appreciated.

> FYI, my team is re-engineering an in-house digital asset mgmt system to use JCR.

Cool! It would be very interesting to hear from any issues and
successes you encounter.

BR,

Jukka Zitting