jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Vijay Pandey" <vijay.k.pan...@gmail.com>
Subject Newbie question
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:36:12 GMT
Hi,

I was looking for open source Document Management System and came across
"JackRabbit". I read through several postings and the
available documentation on the site.

This is the requirement:

a) Batch programs will be creating documents(90%pdf documents) in the
repository ( DB or file system - yet to be finalized)

b) Users can search and view the documents through the web browser ( More
than 1 WebSphere application server running on multiple machines would need
to get the access of the jackrabbit repository) ---- Only for read only
purpose -- based on the user roles and all.
There might be at least 100 to 150 users concurrently accessing the system
for searching and viewing the documents.

>From the above requirements, it looks like i need to have the "Model 3
(Server) Deployment Model" to be in place and that means i need to
have jackrabbit running as JCR-RMI server  so that multiple application
server can access the same repository.

One of the things which bug me is a piece of information on the jackrabbit
website and that is:

i) "*Warning:* The current JCR-RMI library is designed for simplicity, not
performance. You will probably experience major performance issues if you
try running any non-trivial applications on top of JCR-RMI"

So in the scenario described, do you suggest Jackrabbit will work great.

Are there any issues which needs to be thought of in the server deployment
model?

Your comments/suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Vijay