jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Doug Douglass" <douglass.d...@gmail.com>
Subject node type definitions and mixin overrides
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:31:00 GMT
More of a JCR question than Jackrabbit: Can a mixin add the mandatory
attribute to a property defined in the primary node type?

The Jackrabbit CompactNodeTypeDefReader class seems to allow this, but does
it really validate the CND? I haven't yet attempted to load the CNDs into
the registry.

Our use case is a set of images depicting product data: all possible product
metadata will be declared as properties by the primary node type (e.g.,
ns:productImage), we'd like to use mixins to require values for specific
properties. This matches our domain model where we use the decorator pattern
to allow product images to dynamically transition between different image
"types" (e.g., a close-up image vs. room vs. outdoor, etc).

TIA,
Doug