jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Doug Douglass" <douglass.d...@gmail.com>
Subject experience migrating from Model 2 deployment to Model 3
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 16:29:11 GMT
I'm looking for any experiences transitioning existing web applications
using a Model 2 deployed JCR to a Model 3 deployment.

It's my understanding that Model 2 uses the JCR API only for communication.
We're looking at using JcrTemplate from the Spring Modules project for
writing our content DAOs.

When tranistioning to Model 3, a network protocol must be chosen. Most
likely we would use WebDAV, as my project was initially going to use WebDAV
and Slide. To this end, we began writing a WebdavTemplate similar to
JcrTemplate/HibernateTemplate that are part of the Spring Framework.

Any comments at all are very much appreciated.

TIA,
Doug