jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Marcel Reutegger" <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Indexing Binary Data
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:18:36 GMT
> I could integrate the JackRabbit in my application. Now a can CRUD some
> contents. I have troubles to search binary content.
> I tried to use the Index Filters but I do not understand very well how
> they
> work.
> Is the binary content indexed by Lucene automatically or I should call the
> Indexer somehow?

this is done automatically, but only if some conditions are met:

- the node with the binary property is of type nt:resource
- the property jcr:mimeType is properly set and there is a TextFilter
  implementation for that mime-type.
- the required TextFilters are configured in the repository.xml and workspace.xml files

> Should I develop own text extractor for XML files? I would like to search
> the XML element names too.

Yes, because I think this is not a very common use case. but you should be able to extend
or reuse the existing XMLTextFilter class quite easily.

> Where can I read more about this themes?

There is a readme in the textfilters project:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/textfilters/README.txt
The TextFilter interface JavaDoc:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/query/TextFilter.java

hope this helps.