jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Marcel Reutegger" <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: newbie question concerning lucene
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:18:59 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

> i tried to find some example, tutorial or other documentation like best
> practices to use
> lucene fulltext searching with jackrabbit.
>
> Well, i've found nothing. Can someone please give me a hint how to access
> the repositories search index
> and executing lucene queries on it ?

jackrabbit does use lucene as a library to implement the query functionality of a JSR 170
repository, but it does not directly expose the lucene features. JCR specifies two query languages
that you may use to search your workspace: See sections 6.6 and 8.5 of the JSR 170 specification.

regards
 marcel