jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexOutOfBoundsException in QueryImpl.execute
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 16:13:38 GMT
Inside our application it looks like we are able to reproduce it, but
I am not sure how to extract a testcase. Here is a short summary of
how we can reproduce it:

a method that executes a query a hundred of times and 2 parallel
threads. Finally this results in the provided exception.

The code of our method is quite standard:

[code]
publi void doInJcr(Session session) {
QueryManager queryMgr = session.getWorkspace().getQueryManager();
Query query = queryMgr.createQuery(queryString, Query.XPATH);
NodeIterator iterator = query.execute().getNodes();
}
[/code]

I reconfirm that the session is always a new one obtained through
repository.login().

And weirdly enough: the content is not modified when this occurs. The
problem occurs in a piece of our product that does NO writes.  We have
a single writting point which is synchronized. And as I mentioned,
when this exception occurs there are definitely no writes around.

Please help. I am starting to pull out my hair because this renders
unusable a whole application.

many many thanks,

./alex
--