jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ramesh Anand" <ramesh.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: indexing question
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 17:56:55 GMT
Hi Michael,
here is my answers,
1. <SearchIndex> is the lucene based index property tag, the binary
tree structure of the repository nodes and properties, if I am not
wrong.FYI: It excludes jcr:data.

2. When you store a node/property , the necessary information will be
index in the lucene index folder under the repository home directory.

3. All your queries run against your lucene index folder, means, if
you do not have the entries in the index folder but the entries are in
the repository for some reason, you will not get the result for those
entries when you query the repository.

3. you can run SQL or XPATH based queries.

4. The Search Index folder should be File system in the Jackrabbit 1.0
release. However you can get latest and build the binary for the
database based search index;I hope it is available in the source
control now.

Thanks
SRA