jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Several newbie questions:
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 08:27:02 GMT
hi michael,

see http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel/5736/

> 2) Do I need Lucene indexing to be able to quickly lookup nodes by UUID?

no

> 3) How fast can the UUID lookup be? I mean in terms of number of reads
> from file system or DB queries.

have a look at the o.a.j.c.state.PersistenceManager interface; all operations
are by id. the PersistenceManager implementations in jackrabbit only require
*one* read operation for retrieving a node; see e.g.
o.a.j.c.state.db.DatabasePersistenceManager#load(NodeId).

> 4) Can I apply Lucene indexing to properties of nodes selectively, e.g.
> define which properties of which nodes to index
> 5) Can I specify indexing hints for fiels? E.g. index tokenized / index
> as single token
> 6) Can version data be stored in a DB?

yes; versioning uses its own PersistenceManager which can be configured.
see the Versioning element in jackrabbit/src/main/config/repository.xml
for an example.

cheers
stefan