jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: indexing question
Date Sat, 13 May 2006 09:40:14 GMT
hi,
if you don't specify the '<SearchIndex>' tag, now indexing is done at
all. that meens no properties (binary or not) are indexed. you will
not be able to use the
search capabilities (neither SQL or XPATH). you can only access the repository
using the 'normal' path and uuid methods.

regards, toby

On 5/13/06, Michael Baranov <michael.baranov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, Ramesh !
> Thanks for the answer!
> > 1. <SearchIndex> is the lucene based index property tag, the binary
> > tree structure of the repository nodes and properties, if I am not
> > wrong.FYI: It excludes jcr:data.
> >
> This basically means that 'binary' data is not indexed, right? What
> about numbers?
> > 3. you can run SQL or XPATH based queries.
> >
> Even without having the index?
> > 4. The Search Index folder should be File system in the Jackrabbit 1.0
> > release. However you can get latest and build the binary for the
> > database based search index;I hope it is available in the source
> > control now.
> At least I now know that there is some activity in this direction! Cool!
> Thanks!
>
> Michael.

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97