jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: usage of jcr:path allowed in XPath?
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 12:13:52 GMT
Hi,

> Now I have to think about some tricks to be done. For example, let's
> say that the nodes under /CCC have a property that is not available on
> /AAA and /BBB children. Would it be possible to make use of this in
> the XPath? I guess the other way around would work (having in both
> /AAA and /BBB children a property that is not available on /CCC).
>
> Please advise. Any ideas will be highly appreciated, as this
> represents a critical stopper for my project.

I've quite often used empty mixin types as markers for various things,
including queries that cannot be easily expressed otherwise. Is there
some characteristic feature of the /AAA and /BBB nodes that make them
interesting for the query? Create a marker mixin type for that feature
and apply it to whichever nodes you want included in your query.

BR,

Jukka Zitting