jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Correct uses of jackrabbit
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 10:24:07 GMT
Gary VanMatre wrote:
> Can principle security be used to define the content? I was thinking in
> terms of user A belonging with company XYZ might have a different image
> logo than user B in company ZYX. Or, would this better/correctly managed
> using different workspaces associated with each company.

this is probably handled better with different workspaces and then provide
users access to the appropriate workspace.

> Would this be a good fit for jackrabbit? Would it perform well enough to
> handle serving up the content of each page hit that might in turn
> require several html templates and images per page? Or, is it more
> suited as a repository managing artifacts used to assemble a web
> archive?

I think jackrabbit is a good fit for directly serving content to the
application. that's basically the idea behind jsr 170 and the content
repository api.

you also might want to look into the jackrabbit extension-framework under
contrib to build applications that are tighter integrated into the repository.

regards
  marcel