jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Several newbie questions:
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 14:56:09 GMT
Michael Baranov wrote:
> So I see that there is no way to store Lucene index in the DB, right?

correct.

> Well, I'm actually worried by the fact that the repository may get
> corrupted if the JVM process is shut down abruptly.
> How are transactions supposed to work for Jackrabbit? Let's assume we
> can rely on jdbc transactions for our embedded Derby, but what for the
> Lucene index files? Can Lucene recover from failures (repair the index)?

jackrabbit uses a redo log to add support for atomic operations to the lucene index.
if the jvm should crash while nodes are added to or removed from the index then the
changes will be rolled back on the next startup. likewise if changes exist in the
redo log but not yet in the index files and the jvm crashes then the changes are
replayed on the next startup.

regards
  marcel