jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Several newbie questions:
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 09:26:34 GMT
Hi Michael,

Michael Baranov wrote:
> 4) Can I apply Lucene indexing to properties of nodes selectively, e.g.
> define which properties of which nodes to index

no, the query handler in jackrabbit simply indexes everything. but you can write your
own query handler that extends from the default one and use a custom NodeIndexer in
there that selectively handles properties. See
o.a.j.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex.createDocument()

> 5) Can I specify indexing hints for fiels? E.g. index tokenized / index
> as single token

you can specify your custom analyzer in the configuration. The following parameter is
what is set per default:
<param name="analyzer" value="org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer"/>

regards
  marcel